The Cold Speculum, or "Turn Your Head and Cough"

Let's share our experiences with doctors in the DC area. Send any reviews to doctorsindc@gmail.com - Thanks! For a thorough resource check out http://www.washingtonian.com/health/topdocs/list.html (List compiled by fellow doctors, however, so lacks the patient perspective.) One more note: this site is hard to search right now. But you could try doing a Google Advanced search on the domain name if you're looking for a specific doctor or area.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Medical Faculty Associates - 2150 Pennsylvania - Bad Recommendation (convenience not quality)

Medical Faculty Associates
2150 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

I echo Emily about this medical facility. I have a primary care physician at the Medical Faculty Associates on GWproperty. The doctor, Parvinder Khurana, was very nice -- she took the timeto listen and gave me great medical advice. However, it seems impossible tomake an appointment with her! I've had her as my PCP for the past twoyears, and I've only seen her once at the first consultation. Whenever I try to make an appointment, the earliest appointment I can make is usually in "2 to 3 months" away. I tried to make an app. for my physical this year,and the earliest I could get was in a month and a half but with a residency intern under her supervision. As a result, I always end up at the urgent care and never get to see thesame doctor again-- and also missed my physical two years in a row. I could get a referral for a dermatologist over the phone, which was anextremely smooth process, yet the availble date was of course two months away. The appointment date is approaching, but I decided to cancel it and switch my PCP somewhere else. It's about time :) Generally, the staff there is not pleasant at all and finding parking is almost impossible, too!

Disapproved by: Sachi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home